By: Kaitlyn Baase
2013 has officially ended! How was 2013 for you? Good? Bad? Average? However 2013 treated you, there is always room to improve.
For the first time ever, I am having a new years resolution. I believe that new years resolutions are very important, but only if they are taking seriously. Instead of doing the typical resolution (I want to lose 50 pounds, become a vegetarian, give up sugar by 2014. Props to you if you have done any of those by the way,) I decided to create a list of new years resolutions that will help me grow physically, mentally, and emotionally as a young PR professional in the making. They don’t necessarily seem too large, but if you pick a couple and actually commit to them, they will help you out a ton in the long run.
14 new years resolutions for the future PR Pro!
- Do something that scares you once a month
- Run your first 5k (or 10k, or a marathon)
- Write in a journal once a week
- Save all of your change to take an awesome 2015 NYE trip
- Get a planner and use it religiously
- Get a 4.0 next semester
- Participate in a Twitter chat once a month
- Attend more networking events with PR pros
- Get your first press release published
- Do PR work for a local business or campus organization for free
- Try a new Starbucks beverage once a month
- Pay it forward at least 20 times in 2014
- Quit a bad habit
- Get an internship
Good luck to everyone in 2014!